Plum has began and we now have been gifted a numerous recent natural opal plums from our good friend. Overjoyed with this present, we now have been making a lot of yummy treats this week. This was one among our favorites.
Serving Measurement: eight
- 2 cups all function flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- three tablespoons sugar (divided)
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon (divided)
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- four tablespoons chilly vegan margarine
- ¾ cup chilly non-dairy milk
for the caramelized plums:
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy margarine
- 1/three cup granulated sugar
- good pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F / 232°C.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Put the 4 in a medium bowl.
- Add the baking powder, salt and a couple of tablespoons of the sugar cinnamon combination.
- Whisk to combine.
- Mix the margarine into the dry components till the combination breaks down like sand.
- Combine within the walnut items.
- Add the soy milk and stir till the combination clings collectively.
- End up onto a floured bread board or countertop and fold over to type a gentle dough. Watch out to not over-work the dough.
- Add extra flour as wanted if the dough is sticky.
- Roll the dough out to a few ½-inch thickness.
- The shortcakes don’t rise a lot…so don’t roll the dough out to thinly.
- Utilizing a juice glass, dipped in flour on the rim, minimize the dough into rounds
- Brush the tops of the shortcakes with both water or a little bit of non-dairy milk and sprinkle the remainder of the sugar and cinnamon combination on the tops of the shortcakes..
- Place on an un-greased cookie sheet, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- In the meantime make the caramelized plums. Clear and slice the plums.
- Soften the non-dairy margarine in a medium frying pan.
- Add the sugar and blend nicely.
- Because the sugar begins to soften add 1-2 tablespoons of water to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the plums to the sauce and prepare dinner till simply barely mushy and the plums have launched a few of their juices.
- We additionally served the biscuits with frivolously sweetened almond yogurt 1 cup almond yogurt or different non-dairy yogurt. 1 tablespoon sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Combine all collectively for a clean sauce.
- Slice the shortcakes in half.
- Place a number of the plum sauce on the underside half and drizzle a little bit of the yoguht sauce additionally.
- Place the highest again on the shortcake.
- Serve with additional yogurt sauce.