It was barely cool and wet at present, so this heat candy crisp tasted nice. Rhubarb and bananas pair nicely collectively. It’s a fast and straightforward crisp to make. You need to use both recent or frozen rhubarb.
Serving Measurement: Four
for the underside layer:
- 5 cups rhubarb
- three bananas
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/three cup sugar
for the streusel topping:
- three/Four cup oats
- 1/three cup flour
- half cup sugar (we used 1/Four cup mild brown sugar and 1/Four white)
- 1/Four teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/three cup non-dairy margarine
- Wash the rhubarb and reduce away the leaves as they’re toxic.
- Slice the rhubarb is 1/Four-1/2 inch chunks.
- Place the rhubarb in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/three cup sugar and a couple of tablespoons of flour.
- Pour this flour sugar combination over the rhubarb and blend to evenly coat the rhubarb items.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF (205ºC).
- Oil an oven proof baking dish or ramekins.
- Place the rhubarb combination within the ramekins or baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, put together the streusel topping.
- Combine the oats, flour sugars, cinnamon and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl.
- Minimize within the non-dairy margarine and blend till it’s properly blended and crumbly,
- Take the baking dishes out of the oven.
- Peel and reduce the banana and evenly area on prime of the cooked rhubarb items.
- Unfold the streusel topping over evenly excessive of the bananas and return the dishes to the oven.
- Bake at 350ºF (177ºC) for 25 minutes longer.
- When the streusel is golden brown, take away from the oven and permit to chill barely earlier than serving.
- We served the crisp with coconut milk, sweetened with 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.