We now have been having fun with extra Asian meals recently. They’re often filled with recent greens, calmly cooked so they’re nonetheless crunchy and frivolously seasoned. This was a meal we loved as we speak which included a recent mango and was served on Japanese udon (wheat flour) noodles.
Serving Measurement: Four
- 1 package deal udon noodles for Four individuals (ca. 28 ounces)
- 2 medium eggplants. minimize in small cubes
- 2 medium pink bell peppers, de-seeded and minimize in small squares
- 1 package deal spicy tofu items (eight ounces)
- 1 purple onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 giant ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- handful basil leaves, chopped
- handful coriander or cilantro leaves, chopped
for the sauce:
- three tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 beneficiant tablespoon sugar or agave syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/Four- 1/2 teaspoon pink chili pepper flakes
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- salt and pepper to style
- To organize the sauce: Place the rice vinegar, sugar, minced garlic, sesame oil, chili pepper flakes, lime juice and zest in a bowl and whisk nicely.
- Style and add salt and pepper as wanted.
- Put together the greens. De-seed and reduce the purple bell peppers.
- Mince the pink onion and dice the eggplants.
- Deliver a pot of flippantly salted water to boil for the noodles.
- Warmth the oil in a big frying pan or wok.
- Add the purple bell peppers and start to sauté or stir fry.
- Add half the pink onion and all the eggplant cubes.
- Prepare dinner till the eggplant cubes are golden brown, stirring every now and then.
- Add the ready spicy tofu items.
- Flip the warmth low.
- Add the udon noodles to the boiling water and prepare dinner al dente.
- Slice and peel the mango. Slice the mango in lengthy strips and a few in chew sized items.
- Wash and chop the basil and coriander or cilantro.
- Add the sauce to the cooking eggplants.
- Add a few of the coriander and basil leaves and stir nicely.
- Add a lot of the mango.
- Drain the udon noodles.
- Place a beneficiant portion of udon noodles on every plate or bowl.
- Prime with the eggplant combination.
- Garnish with a few bigger slices of mango, a couple of items of the minced pink onion and extra coriander leaves.