Udon Noodles with Eggplant, Pink Bell Pepper and Mango
We’ve been having fun with extra Asian meals these days. They’re often filled with recent greens, calmly cooked so they’re nonetheless crunchy and frivolously seasoned. This was a meal we loved immediately which included a recent mango and was served on Japanese udon (wheat flour) noodles.
Serving Measurement: Four
- 1 package deal udon noodles for Four individuals (ca. 28 ounces)
- 2 medium eggplants. reduce in small cubes
- 2 medium pink bell peppers, de-seeded and minimize in small squares
- 1 package deal spicy tofu items (eight ounces)
- 1 purple onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 giant ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- handful basil leaves, chopped
- handful coriander or cilantro leaves, chopped
for the sauce:
- three tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 beneficiant tablespoon sugar or agave syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/Four- half teaspoon purple chili pepper flakes
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- salt and pepper to style
- To organize the sauce: Place the rice vinegar, sugar, minced garlic, sesame oil, chili pepper flakes, lime juice and zest in a bowl and whisk nicely.
- Style and add salt and pepper as wanted.
- Put together the greens. De-seed and reduce the pink bell peppers.
- Mince the purple onion and dice the eggplants.
- Convey a pot of calmly salted water to boil for the noodles.
- Warmth the oil in a big frying pan or wok.
- Add the purple bell peppers and start to sauté or stir fry.
- Add half the pink onion and all the eggplant cubes.
- Prepare dinner till the eggplant cubes are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ready spicy tofu items.
- Flip the warmth low.
- Add the udon noodles to the boiling water and prepare dinner al dente.
- Slice and peel the mango. Slice the mango in lengthy strips and a few in chew sized items.
- Wash and chop the basil and coriander or cilantro.
- Add the sauce to the cooking eggplants.
- Add a few of the coriander and basil leaves and stir nicely.
- Add a lot of the mango.
- Drain the udon noodles.
- Place a beneficiant portion of udon noodles on every plate or bowl.
- Prime with the eggplant combination.
- Garnish with a few bigger slices of mango, a couple of items of the minced purple onion and extra coriander leaves.
Be a part of Club Vegalicious to print this publish and obtain PDF, MacGourmet3 and MasterCook information.