We now have just lately found the fantastic benefits of having fun with turnip greens. Younger turnip greens are scrumptious and have many nice makes use of. Right here we made an excellent pesto out of them. Which was used for on bruschetta at lunchtime and later for risotto at dinner. I perceive it freezes properly, however we by no means have sufficient left over to freeze.
Yield: 1 cup pesto
- four cups younger turnip greens
- 2-Three cloves garlic, minced
- four tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Three tablespoons almond meal 0r different nut meal
- Three tablespoons dietary yeast
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- salt and pepper
- Wash the turnip greens and take away the thick stem.
- Place in a meals processor.
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice and pulse to puree.
- Add the nut meal, dietary yeast, mustard and garlic.
- Once more, pulse to puree.
- Add salt and pepper to style.
You should use principally any edible greens – spinach, dandelion, mustard greens, kale, chard, arugula – no matter you discover tasty rising within the backyard. Many “weeds “, even chick weed make a tasty pesto.