Tempeh schnitzels or fillets are certainly one of our widespread meals, nevertheless relying on the season we garnish with numerous salsas, pestos or sauces. This time we loved the tempeh with papaya salsa and it was scrumptious. We often serve the meal with both noodles or rice on the aspect, and a big combined salad.
Serving Measurement: 2
for the schnitzels:
- 1 lb. tempeh sliced in four even fillets
- ¼ cup flour for dredging
- 2-Three tablespoons for making dredging paste
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs for dredging
- 2 tablespoons oil for frying
for the salsa:
- 1 ripe papaya, de-seeded, peeled and minimize in small items
- 1 pink bell pepper, de-seeded and reduce in small items
- 1 small pink onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- pinch of sugar
- ¼-½ teaspoon salt
- to organize the tempeh schnitzels: Minimize the tempeh into four even fillets.
- Place ¼ cup of flour on a plate and dredge the tempeh on both sides by means of the dry flour.
- Take away and set on a plate.
- Add 2-Three tablespoons to the remaining flour and blend to type a liquid paste.
- Dredge the floured tempeh fillets on each side via the paste.
- Place dried bread crumbs or panko on a separate plate and coat every of the tempeh fillets with the breadcrumbs on each side.
- to make the salsa: De-seed the pink bell pepper and minimize into small items.
- Place the items in a medium bowl.
- Slice a small purple onion very thinly and add to the purple bell pepper items.
- Slice the ripe papaya in half and take away the seeds.
- Peel the pores and skin from the surface and reduce the flesh of the papaya in small items.
- Add the papaya items to the bell pepper and pink onion.
- Add the lime juice and chopped coriander.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Season to style with salt and maybe a pinch of sugar if the papaya shouldn’t be so ripe.
- Warmth the oil in a frying pan and prepare dinner the fillets till golden on all sides.
- Serve the tempeh schnitzels with the papaya salsa on prime and served with a bit of lime on the aspect.