Succotash has all the time been a favourite vegetable at our home. This time we made it with fava beans.
Serving Measurement: Four
- 1 12 ounce (340 g) bag child lima beans, fava beans or edamame
- Three-Four ears corn, reduce off the cob
- ¼ cup (60 ml) non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- salt and black pepper to style
- small handful of chives as elective garnish
- If utilizing fava beans that also have the skins, you will want to blanch them and take away the skins.
- In any other case, deliver a pot of water to boil and prepare dinner the beans (limas, favas or edamame) al dente.
- Minimize the corn off the cob.
- Place in medium saucepan.
- Add the 1/Four cup non-dairy milk.
- Deliver to a medium warmth and prepare dinner the corn al dente (1-Eight minutes).
- When the beans are cooked, drain the water off.
- Add the cooked beans to the corn and blend nicely.
- Season to style with salt and black pepper.
- Take away from the warmth and place in a serving bowl.
- Add the tablespoon of butter and frivolously combine.
- Chop the chives and place on prime of the succotash as garnish.
You can too use inexperienced beans for a special kind of succotash.