Tikka Masala is a British/Indian meal that’s fairly common and really tasty. It’s often made with hen, however right here we provide a scrumptious vegan model with seitan. It might additionally work properly with tempeh or tofu.
Serving Measurement: Four
for the marinade:
- 6 tablespoons soy yogurt
- 2 beneficiant teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- juice from 1 lemon
- Four-6 cloves garlic, minced
- One 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 16 ounces seitan, minimize in giant bite-sized items
for the sauce:
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1-2 recent purple chilli peppers or chilli pepper flakes
- handful recent coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons floor coriander
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1-2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 cans (14 ounces every) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2-1 cup soy yogurt
garnished with soy yogurt and recent coriander leaves
served on white rice
- It is very important marinate the seitan.
- to make the marinade: Combine the soy yogurt with the opposite marinade components.
- Reduce the seitan into giant chew sized items and lay within the marinade to season for about an hour or longer.
- In the meantime, put together the sauce.
- Chop the onion.
- Warmth the oil in a big frying pan.
- Sauté the onion till glassy.
- Add the seasonings and the cans of crushed tomatoes.
- Combine properly and warmth on a low temperature.
- Put together the rice.
- Add the seitan and a lot of the marinating combination to the heating sauce.
- Combine nicely and warmth.
- Chop the coriander and add most to the sauce.
- When the rice is prepared, fluff with a fork.
- Serve the seitan tikka masala on prime or subsequent to the rice.
- Garnish with a dollop of soy yogurt and some coriander leaves.
- We loved the meal with Indian bread on the aspect.