Savoy cabbage has an exquisite, delicate taste and the leaves are very crunchy. Therefor it’s a nice candidate for coleslaw. We actually loved and hope you’ll as properly.
Serving Measurement: Four
for the salad:
- ½ medium head savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded or grated
- 1 medium white onion, minced
- 1 cup raisins
- three tablespoons recent mint, chopped
for the poppy-seed dressing:
- 1/Four-1/three cup soy yogurt
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/Four cup fruit or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon poppy-seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons mustard
- salt and pepper to style
- Peel the carrot and grate into a big bowl.
- Clear the cabbage leaves. If utilizing outdoors leaves, take away the large middle vein.
- Slice the cabbage very thinly and add to the carrots.
- Chop the mint and add to the carrots and cabbage.
- Add the raisins and calmly toss to combine the components.
- Mince the onion.
- Place the soy yogurt in a medium small bowl.
- Add the onion, vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and mustard and blend nicely.
- Add the poppy-seeds.
- Season to style with salt and pepper.
- Slaws are likely to get soggy if the dressing has been placed on too early. Some individuals choose the wilted, softer texture. We favor the crunchiness of uncooked so we wit to place the dressing on till simply earlier than serving. Nevertheless you favor, mis the salad properly and luxuriate in.