As rhubarb season is simply starting, we have been pleased to take pleasure in this scrumptious salad dressed with a particular French dressing.
Serving Measurement: four
for the salad:
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 cup puy lentils
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- handful chives, chopped
for the French dressing:
- 2 stalks rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup redcurrant syrup or jam
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- Reduce the cauliflower into small florets.
- Place the cauliflower items on a cookie sheet ready with baking parchment.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the cauliflower items and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Place within the oven and roast till calmly browned (15-20 minutes).
- In the meantime, prepare dinner the lentils. Place the cup of lentils in 2½ cups of frivolously salted water and prepare dinner till delicate for about 15 minutes. You need them gentle however but nonetheless holding their type, al dente.
- On the similar time, wash the rhubarb and place in a sauce pan.
- Cowl with water and prepare dinner the rhubarb till gentle.
- As soon as gentle, take away from the warmth and puree.
- Add the pink currant sauce or jam.
- Add the mustard, vinegar and oil and blend properly or puree once more.
- Season to style with salt and pepper and probably a little bit of sugar or extra redcurrant syrup if you would like it sweeter.
- To organize the salad: Drain the lentils and place in a bowl.
- Add the cumin and blend.
- Chop the chives and add to the lentils.
- Add the roasted cauliflower items and flippantly toss to combine.
- We served the nice and cozy salad on a small mattress of lettuce dressed with the rhubarb French dressing. You may additionally think about including a number of cubes of non-dairy cheese, nevertheless we discovered the salad scrumptious already.