We loved these scrumptious scones for our Sunday morning breakfast. They might additionally make a pleasant tea time deal with or a particular brunch.
Yield: 6-Eight scones
for the scones:
- three stalks rhubarb, reduce in small items
- 2½ cups all function flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- Eight tablespoons vegan margarine
- 2/three cup soy yogurt (a bit extra if wanted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
for the vegan strawberry ‘butter’:
- 5-6 recent strawberries, cleaned and chopped
- ½ cup vegan margarine
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Clear and slice the rhubarb into small items.
- Place in a bowl and sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the sugar on prime and gently toss to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 245ºF (120ºC)
- Put together a cookie sheet with baking parchment.
- Place the flour in a bowl.
- Add the baking powder salt and the remainder of the sugar.
- Reduce or rub within the vegan margarine till it resembles sand.
- Add the rhubarb pies and gently combine.
- Add the vanilla extract to the soy yogurt and blend.
- Add the soy yogurt to the dry elements and gently combine till all is moistened.
- Place the dough onto a calmly floured workspace and gently fold Four-6 occasions.
- Type a big circle with the dough and place onto the baking parchment.
- Slice the dough into 6ths or 8ths and barely separate from one another.
- Place within the oven to bake for 18-25 minutes or till frivolously golden brown.
- Take away from the oven when executed.
- to make the vegan strawberry ‘butter’: Cream the vegan margarine and powdered sugar collectively.
- Shortly earlier than serving the scones, clear all and chop all however one of many strawberries.
- Add the chopped strawberries to the vegan margarine and stir nicely to combine.
- Use the 1 strawberry as garnish for the highest of the strawberry ‘butter’.
- Benefit from the heat scones with the strawberry ‘butter’.