Right here we provide a scrumptious most important meal utilizing rhubarb. It’s tailored from a standard Persian recipe.
Serving Measurement: four
- 1 pound seitan (purchased or constructed from 2 kilos flour)
- 2 giant white onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped mint
- 2 lbs. (about 6-Eight stalks) rhubarb, clear and reduce
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar or sweetener of selection
- salt and pepper to style
- oil for cooking
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, optionally
- 1½ cups rice
- Put together the rice. We used Basmati rice, washed and soaked for an hour then cooked with saffron or turmeric. Common white rice can also be superb for this meal.
- Reduce the seitan in chew sized items.
- Chop the onions.
- Clear the parsley and mint, take away mint leaves from the stem and chop each the parsley and mint.
- Place a splash of oil within the backside of a giant frying pan.
- When the oil is scorching, place the seitan items within the oil and brown on each side.
- When the seitan is browned, add the onions and prepare dinner till glassy.
- Add a splash of water or the broth from cooking your gained seitan and turmeric.
- Add the chopped parsley and mint and canopy to stew for 5-10 minutes.
- Style the stew liquid, it’s your decision a contact of sugar. Start by including 1 tablespoon, that could be sufficient, in any other case, add the 2nd tablespoon.
- Examine the liquid of the stew. Whether it is too liquid and also you would like thicker, add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch combined with four tablespoons water.
- Evenly combine the cornstarch paste into the stew liquid.
- Clear and reduce the rhubarb into 1½ inch chew sized items.
- Place the rhubarb items on prime of the stew,.
- Place a lid on prime of the stew and prepare dinner for 5-10 minutes. When the rhubarb is smooth, however nonetheless has it’s form, the stew is able to be served.
- Sere the stew on a mattress of rice.
In case you make your personal seitan, then that ought to be executed first – early within the morning. In any other case, the meal might be ready in ½ hour – 45 minutes.