These easy pastries style pretty and are very straightforward to make. One can use any recent fruit.
Yield: four pastries
- four squares frozen vegan puff pastry
- four recent apricots
- 1 cup vegan almond flavored custard
- powdered sugar and almond taste for the icing
- First make the custard. I used 2 cups almond milk and three tablespoons Orgran Custard Mix, with a small splash of almond extract.
- Combine the no-egg custard combine with the two cups of almond milk in a saucepan.
- Add the almond extract and convey the almond milk to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Because the combination turns into factor, proceed stirring.
- When very thick, take away from the warmth and permit to chill.
- Put together the apricots by cleansing and slicing in half.
- Take away the seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 395°F (200°C)
- Place four squares of thawed vegan puff pastry on a baking parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of the almond custard on every sq..
- Place 1 half of an apricot in the midst of every sq..
- Slice the remaining apricot halves into skinny slices and organize across the middle apricot half.
- Fold over every nook of the pastry to type a an enclosed sq..
- Place within the oven to bake for 18-120 minutes or till golden brown and flaky.
- Take away from the oven and permit to chill.
- Whereas the pastries are cooling, combine four tablespoons of powdered sugar with a drop of almond flavoring to make a skinny paste.
- When the pastries have cooled, drizzle the almond icing excessive of the pastries.
- They style nice with a pleasant cup of espresso.